The Respiratory Pathogen ID/AMR Enrichment Kit is a next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based respiratory pathogen panel that delivers highly sensitive, comprehensive pathogen detection and antimicrobial resistance (AMR) insights. The enrichment panel targets >280 respiratory pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2 and other viruses, bacteria, and fungi, and 1200+ AMR alleles.
Powered by IDbyDNA Explify Analysis Software, the flexible and scalable end-to-end workflow, coupled with broad identification of respiratory pathogens and AMR alleles in <24 hours, delivers a rapid, cost-effective solution for detecting respiratory tract infections in clinical research settings.
Features of this workflow:
- Universal Detection of Respiratory Pathogens — Delivers comprehensive detection of critical pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2. The respiratory pathogen panel (RPIP) simultaneously detects RNA and DNA for 180+ bacteria, 50+ fungi, and 40+ viruses.
- Detection of Antimicrobial Resistance Genes — Detects 1200+ AMR alleles and provides insights for 16 classes of antibiotics.
- Strain Typing of Critical Pathogens — Delivers whole-genome information for SARS-CoV-2 and influenza A/B viruses to support public health surveillance and epidemiology.
- Quality Control — Includes probes targeting 10 commercially available spike-in control options.
- Cost-Effective — The comprehensive respiratory pathogen panel design enables cost-effective detection of RNA and DNA respiratory pathogens and antimicrobial resistance alleles all at the same time, from the same assay.
- Rapid – Delivers simultaneous detection of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and AMR alleles in <24 hours using the MiniSeq Rapid Reagent Kit.
Powerful, Simple Data Analysis with the IDbyDNA Explify Platform
The IDbyDNA Explify RPIP Analysis App offers a paired and tailored data analysis solution for the Illumina Respiratory Pathogen ID/AMR Enrichment Kit. The app provides information on sample composition, including host and microbial abundance, and proportion of targeted vs. untargeted sequences.
This app is available in BaseSpace Sequence Hub. Users can select up to 35 individual samples or project folders containing any number of samples for analysis. Reports include a detailed text-based (JSON) and PDF file format.
Access this app in BaseSpace Sequence Hub
See the Explify Respiratory ID/AMR Analysis User Guide for more info.