The Respiratory Pathogen ID/AMR Enrichment Kit (RPIP) is a next-generation sequencing based, targeted enrichment panel workflow that delivers highly sensitive, comprehensive pathogen detection and antimicrobial resistance (AMR) insights for 1200+ AMR alleles, 180+ bacteria, 50+ fungi, and 40+ viruses, including SARS-CoV-2. Powered by the IDbyDNA Explify Analysis Software, the flexible and scalable end-to-end workflow, coupled with broad identification of respiratory pathogens and antimicrobial resistance markers in <24 hours, delivers a rapid and cost-effective solution for detection of respiratory tract infections in clinical research settings.
Features of this workflow:
- Universal Detection of Respiratory Pathogens — Simultaneous detection of RNA and DNA for 180+ bacteria, 50+ fungi, and 40+ viruses, including SARS-CoV-2. The RPIP target enrichment workflow delivers comprehensive detection of critical respiratory pathogens.
- Detection of Antimicrobial Resistance Genes — Detects 1200+ AMR alleles and provides insights for 16 classes of antibiotics.
- Strain Typing of Critical Pathogens – Delivers whole-genome information for SARS-CoV-2 and Flu A/B viruses to support public health surveillance and epidemiology.
- Quality Control — Includes probes targeting 10 commercially available spike-in control options.
- Cost-Effective — Comprehensive panel design enables cost-effective detection of RNA and DNA respiratory pathogens and antimicrobial resistance alleles all at the same time, from the same assay.
- Rapid – Delivers simultaneous detection of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and AMR alleles in <24 hours using the MiniSeq Rapid Reagent Kit.
Powerful, Simple Data Analysis with the IDbyDNA Explify Platform
The Explify Respiratory ID/AMR Analysis App offers a paired and tailored data analysis solution for the Illumina Respiratory Pathogen ID/AMR Enrichment Kit. The app provides information on sample composition, including host and microbial abundance, and proportion of targeted vs. untargeted sequences.
This app is available in BaseSpace Sequence Hub. Users can select up to 35 individual samples or project folders containing any number of samples for analysis. Reports include a detailed text-based (JSON) and PDF file format.
Access this app in BaseSpace Sequence Hub
See the Explify Respiratory ID/AMR Analysis User Guide for more info.